12/10/2011

Weekly Goals?

Last Week ~ Well, I didn't do so well last week.  I had grand plans for working out every day but that totally didn't happen.  In reality I only worked out 2 days.  Monday - no workout completed but I did attend my mom's showcase which was important to her.  Tuesday - I went to spin!  Wednesday - no workout completed but I did get to spend a really nice evening with a bunch of great friends.  Thursday - I went to Pump-N-Step at the gym and enjoyed every minute of Rick's antics.  Friday - no workout completed.  I got some disappointing news at work, I wasn't accepted into a leadership program I had been hoping to take part of, and just wanted to sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself all evening.  Joe didn't let that happen though...he really is too good to me.  Saturday - no workout completed.  Joe went fishing with a friend and I didn't get up in time to make a class at the gym.  I was super lazy the whole rest of the day, I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it but I'm pretty disappointed in my extreme laziness.  Sunday - no workout completed.  I spent the afternoon geocaching with my mom and the evening on the computer/couch with Joe.

This Week~
Monday - Cardio Blast/Abs at the gym
Tuesday - Cycling at the gym
Wednesday - run with Joe...but this may get scratched and replaced by a sushi date with Carol & Chris
Thursday - video at home after my manicure
Friday - no workout - department holiday party (in my sequined dress)!
Saturday - run with Joe in the morning
Sunday - Cardio Fusion at the gym

I'm thinking about making weekly goals instead of monthly.  Maybe this way I won't get so bored with them or bummed when I know one isn't going to work out early on.  So this coming week I'm going to try for 5 total workouts, 10,000 steps on the days I don't work out and an overall burn of 3500 calories for the week.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Weekly goals can be much less daunting and easier to work around your crazy schedule, especially with the holidays coming up!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete