12/30/2011

So I fell off a treadmill...

On Wednesday afternoon I met Joe at my gym for a workout.  Our game plan was to run 3 miles on the treadmills and then move on to some lifting.  I set my machine at 6.0 and ran a mile but I was really out of breath after that first 10 minutes so I decided to walk on an incline for a little while.  After about a 1/2 mile of walking I was ready to run again.  I adjusted the settings until I was running at a 6.0 on flat ground.  After a few minutes of running I somehow lost my footing and fell down!  Although unlike the contestants on The Biggest Loser that fall and slide of the back I decided to grab onto the handles and try to pull myself back up onto the side rails.  That obviously didn't work and only resulted in my repeating slamming my knees onto the moving belt.  After what seemed like an eternity but was probably only seconds Joe noticed me fumbling and pulled the magnet so the belt stopped.  The woman next to me asked if I was ok and I assured her I was before hobbling over to the bathroom to survey the damage.  I took a few deep breaths and gulps of water to help pull myself together and the next thing I knew Joe was there asking if I was alright.  I assured him I was and we wandered over to start lifting.  Luckily no one else seemed to have noticed so I wasn't horribly embarrassed.  When I was sure the coast was clear I pulled up my pant leg and found these:

We wrapped up the rest of our workout pretty, obviously it was all upper body, and headed home to clean me up.


Needless to say I did not go to step class on Thursday night and Joe's been calling me limpy for two days now.  However I somehow still managed to lose 1 pound!  Obviously I would have liked it to have been more but a loss is a loss


Wednesday - 1417 calories eaten, 2244 calories burned = 827 total burn.
Thursday - 1182 calories eaten, 1979 calories burned = 797 total burn

1 comment:

  1. Ouchies! At least you are in one piece and its only your knee. Pesky treadmills!
    ~Ang

    PS. CONGRATS on 1LB!

    ReplyDelete