Lots of big stuff happening around here. Ok, maybe not big but it seems big to me.
First, I've decided to put myself on a spending freeze. Before you get all, "no Lauren you can't do that it's too hard," let me explain. I'm going to continue to buy things like gas and food but no more shopping. I've cut it down quite a bit since we got engaged but I really need to stop altogether. Here are a few reason why.
1) I'm poor. Ok, I'm not poor, in fact I always yell at Joe for saying that. I have a job, I even have a second job. But seriously, I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck and that needs to stop. It's no way for an adult to conduct herself.
2) I don't need anything. I've got so much clothing it's insane! Plus I need to lose these 18lbs I've put back on this year and buying new clothes won't help. It's time to get back to it and make what I have fit better.
3) Credit cards are the devil. When I was younger I signed up for every card in the book and I've worked hard to pay off a bunch of the stupid little accounts, Mandee, Pac Sun, etc. I've still got more then I should with higher balances then I'd like and they won't get paid off if I keep using them.
So, it's time to book more Thirty-One shows, sell my old clothes on Ebay and pay stuff off! The last thing I want is Joe taking on my debt when we get married. I totally know that I'm not going to pay it all off before the wedding, I'd have to use my entire salary for the year...but what better time to start then the present?
Second, it's time to lose this weight. I was cleaning out old pictures in my blog storage and came across these:
I was sooooooooooooooooooo skinny last summer! I've been lying to myself for a while now and letting myself get away with eating crap and skipping workouts. That stops now! Here's how I'm going to do it:
1) Outfit pictures are coming back. If I have to look at a full body shot of myself every day, it'll motivate to change the way I look.
2) Achieve the damn goals I keep setting.