7/09/2012

the best laid plans

You know what they say about the best laid plans...  I was all set to stop spending money and buckle down when it comes to my eating right/exercising today.  I was talking the talk and ready to walk the walk, I had all my blogs thought out and ready to go, ready to check things off my 101 in 1001, knock out my goals, blah blah blah.  

When I got to work this morning something seemed off.  There were a lot of cars in the parking lot and I had a hard time finding a parking spot, I was concerned I'd forgotten a staff meeting.  Turns out I had forgotten a meeting but I wasn't late so that was a relief.  I dropped my stuff, said good morning to everyone, grabbed a glass of water and went upstairs for the meeting.  I'm not sure how much you all know about healthcare reform and the changes going on but basically my department is being asked to save more and more money to make up for cuts.  Because of budget cuts departments are buying fewer marketing items (I have been a marketing buyer for 2+ years) so I have more free time on my hands.  My boss has been talking about making some changes within our department to be sure all staff are working to the best of their ability.  I immediately knew there'd be changes to my position.

Long story short...I am now an OR buyer.
On top of this being a huge opportunity for me, I will be learning a tremendous amount and diversifying my resume which equals better job security.  Plus, I will wear scrubs every day and this fancy hat when I go into SPD & OR areas.  So I'm probably not going to do those outfit posts that we're going to motivate me...here's what I wore today...
I am honored that my director and the OR supervisor chose me for this move but I am also scared out of my mind.  This is completely different work then I've been doing and I really don't want to mess things up.  I was pretty much fighting to keep my shit together all morning.  Luckily once I got to talk to Joe I felt a little better.  But my coworkers were really the one's that eased my nerves, they were super supportive and made me believe I will absolutely excel at in this new position.  I'm so thankful to them for that.

Now, you may be thinking "Lauren, what does any of this have to do with eating right/exercising?"  The answer is, I don't know.  I just don't know what my life will be like now, I'm concerned that I won't be able to achieve what I've set out to.  I realize that I'm being dramatic but I do have a flair for it.  I'm still going to get to the gym anytime I can and make good food choices but I feel like everything is out of whack...I hate it!

The good news is, I'm going to get way more steps running all over the hospital!

1 comment:

  1. How crazy and exciting! I would be a nervous wreck too. That is a huge change! Are you going to be working the same 9-5 type hours or is that changing too? You might not know yet. And will you be all the way out at Mainland? I know, lots of nosey questions. You can still keep health and fitness a top priority! You can do this! You will be great at your new job!!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete