7/23/2012

duh dont duh dont duh dont (Jaws theme, lol)

Happy Monday!  I didn't do a great job of taking pictures this weekend.  I think it's because I'm not sure when exactly I'll be able to blog so I don't bother photographing the mudane anymore, but I need to get back into the habit.  Here's what I put together from my phone.

Friday night we went up to the Mann Center to see the Philadelphia Orchestra play a tribute to John Williams.  I was very proud of Joe for setting up the event with 4 of his best friends from high school and their significant others, it's usually the girls planning to get together!
The show was better then I thought it would be!  They played music from Jaws, Harry Potter, Superman and Star Wars.  I took a video of the Jaws selection for Nicole but it's not uploading for some reason so you'll have to take my word for it or find it on my Facebook page.
Joe had managed yet another weekend day off on Saturday.  We met up with Mark, Kate & Anna for breakfast at Shea's then made our way over to a cute little park where the kids could run off their energy.
 
 
We spent the rest of the afternoon working on wedding crafts.  We're still working out the kinks on our half of the centerpieces, this is what we've put together so far.  I'm concerned that it's not big enough to create a real presence on the table so I shot an email over to our event coordinator to see if I can stop by some time and test it on an actual event table.
We went to dinner at our favorite sushi place, Tokyo Mandarin, with Mark & Kat that night.  It was the first time we'd seen them since they returned from their honeymoon in Europe so we had plenty to catch up on!
We got home late Saturday night so I slept in on Sunday, all the way until 9:30!  After a quick trip to the grocery store, I whipped up some egg salad for the coming week's lunch then headed to the beach.  I spent the majority of the afternoon in the sand in Ocean City with Kat while Mark surfed.  It was a great day, there was a nice breeze and just enough cloud cover to keep us from getting too hot.
As I'm sure you've noticed I didn't mention 1 workout all weekend, I also didn't burn 1000 calories any of those days.  However, I did get my steps 2 out of 3 days and while I didn't burn 1000 calories I did come in over 500 for each day!  Not too shabby.
I've got plans for more workouts this week including a run with Joe after work today.  I've realized that I need to start running more often, it's the one big piece missing when I compare last year to this year.  My basic plan is:

Monday - run w/Joe and dinner at The Clam Bar w/my dad & Judy
Tuesday - boot camp and dinner at home
Wednesday - cardio kick-n-step and dinner at home
Thursday - arc trainer at the gym w/Mandy and dinner w/Sarah
Friday - run w/Joe and dinner at home
Saturday - exercise w/Joe and Christmas in July party at our house
Sunday - exercise w/Joe and dinner at home

1 comment:

  1. And you went to Shop Rite with Nicole and Zack on Sunday! Because I'm a stalker like that. Or I just happened to be driving home from Starbucks while you were crossing the street:)

    And I felt the same about running. It really needs to be a regular part of my routine or I just feel like my overall fitness decreases!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete