7/03/2012

let there be light!

At approximately 7:30pm last night Joe & I were sitting out back at the bar eating meat for dinner.  We needed to cook everything that had thawed from the freezer which meant burgers, shrimp, chicken & pork chops for dinner.
We were discussing that it was actually quite comfortable in the shade and if we opened the windows at sunset it would probably be decent sleeping weather.  All of a sudden I heard a click and then the whirr of blades spinning, I looked at Joe and asked "was that the air conditioner turning on?"  He said, "I believe so, better close the windows."  I jumped out of my chair and bounced around the porch for a minute before heading upstairs to close things up and start a load of laundry.  As I was bounding back down I decided to run next door and celebrate with Nicole.  As I was opening the front door she came flying in and we danced around the living room hooting and hollering about the electricity coming back!
Joe and I took some time to clean all of the shelves in the still warm refrigerator before loading everything we had left back inside.  I don't think it's ever looked this good!
Once Nicole, Lou & Jack had finished dinner they came back over and we had some celebratory drinks and snacks.  It was great!  Once is a while someone would proclaim something we could do again now that we had power.  Joe would put his arm around me and I'd say, "isn't it great?  You can touch me again now that we're not sweating to death!"  He said I had a perma-grin on my face all night, I just could not stop smiling, I was (and still am) in the best mood!  I'd say it was definitely the 2nd best moment of my life, right behind the morning Joe proposed!
Needless to say I did not work out and I did not get my steps.  Joe and I had discussed going for a bike ride but once the power was back all we wanted to do was sit inside with the air and flick light switches!  My calories we're on track before I had those celebratory cocktails.  But you know what?  I'm not upset about it.  After the last few days we deserved a few drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment