6/19/2012

back in the saddle again

After my weekend of merriment I knew I needed to get back to business on Monday!  Unfortunately we hadn't had a chance to restock our refrigerator yet so breakfast & lunch were slim pickings.  Around the same time I was rummaging through the fridge I remembered my car was also running on fumes.  Perfect!  I could go to Wawa and kill two birds with one stone!  I left for work a few minutes early, filled my tank then ran inside I spent $12 on food for the work day.  I started with a breakfast burrito of scrambled egg, cheddar cheese & salsa (365 calories).  For lunch I grabbed a Turkey BLT Salad (260 calories) and used some of Anne's balsamic dressing (90 calories), I also sliced up a Valencia orange (80 calories) since we had some extra time left on our break.
Just as I was shutting my computer down for the evening I got a text from Mandy, she wasn't feeling well and was going to skip the gym.  Darn!  You all know I'm no good at going to the gym alone!  I shot Nicole a quick text asking if she wanted to run/walk with me and her resounding response of "sure..." worried me.  As I was trying to decide if I should just suck it up and go to the gym alone I got another text from Mandy, she was back in!  We decided to run on the treadmill for a little while and if she felt ok we'd head to Cardio Blast/Abs.  Lucky for me, she made a miraculous recovery and I got a great workout in!  A mile and a half of intervals and our class!  And this is the lovely Mandy, making her blog debut.
After our workout I was starving and excited to get home and try out the BLT lettuce wraps I'd found earlier in the day while menu planning.  I subbed in cabbage for the iceberg lettuce but stuck to the recipe otherwise.  They were very easy to make and light but I would definitely be sure to use iceberg next time, as Joe said, "they're very cabbage-y."
I was obviously still hungry after my 160 calorie dinner so I sliced up a Pink Lady apple and dipped it in my favorite Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter.  Joe was working late so I stayed up to wait for him to come home before calling it a night.  I really like to get 8 hours of sleep a night and that really hasn't been happening lately :-(
My calories for the day were good and I got all my water!

10,214 steps!
Well, our weekend away definitely put a hurting on my goals...I'm hoping to keep everything on track this week and hopefully we'll see some more sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment