3/15/2012

Welcome back summer?

I didn't have any plans to recap my days but when I thought about it, Wednesday was a busy day and deserves it's own post!

After getting my bad news on Tuesday, Joe wanted to do something nice for me so he suggested we go out to breakfast on Wednesday morning at Shea's.  Because it's about a 25 minute drive from the house I had to get up a little earlier then usual and there was no time to dilly dally but it was worth it.  I had a single pumpkin cheesecake pancake with a side of scrambled eggs and it was worth every single calorie!  I was so full that I didn't get hungry for lunch until after 3pm!
Joe dropped me off at work after breakfast and took my car for the day so he could pick up some plants and things for the yard.  We've been having really nice weather lately, the high was 76 yesterday!  I couldn't wait to get home and spend some time outside in the sun!  After work we made a pit stop at a local garden center and picked up some 1/2 price shrubs since a few of ours hadn't made it through the winter.  I'm excited to see all the different flowers blooming as spring progresses!

Once we got home I ran upstairs to change and we were back out the door for a quick 2 mile run.  I really didn't push myself at all because I was more concerned with making sure my hip didn't act up, and it didn't!  We also took a slightly different route then usual, it was almost exactly the same distance but it was nice to see a different part of the neighborhood and do a little more then run up and down the same street.
Joe was starving when we got home and hadn't taken anything out for dinner so he suggested we head to the Custard Hut for $1 hot dogs and ice cream.  I agreed under the condition that we walk since it was still so warm out & I needed steps.  We stopped at picked up Nicole & Jack then off we went.  I had a New York dog with sauerkraut, onions & mustard and a cappuccino crunch cone.
Jack enjoyed his vanilla soft serve with crunch coat and kept things interesting while we ate.  We also ran into John & Kristen who had stopped for a snack on their way home from running some errands.
After "dinner" it was time to walk back home.  Luckily it was still early because I needed to take care of workout B from my bootcamp program.  My quads are killing me!  I'm seriously considering taking tonight off to rest but burning all those extra calories is so hard to pass up!  It was such a great night and it has me jonesing for the real spring/summer when we start walking everywhere!
1. 10,000 steps for at least 20 days.  15321, 12 days total.
2. Exercise at least 20 times.  2 mile run & bootcamp, 9 days total.
3. Eat out less then 20 times.  breakfast & dinner, 2 meal out, 11 meals total.
4. Put laundry away as soon as I fold it.  No laundry done.
5. Book at least 4 Thirty-One parties for April.  1 show total.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I love this blogging-more-than-once-a-week thing you are doing lately. Just sayin..
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete