3/10/2012

Weekend Update

Since I haven't figured out exactly how I want to talk about my goals and what not I've decided that this week you're going to get a week long wrap up on how I did with little tid bits that I think are interesting...

Monday
I've decided to switch from Calorie Counter to MyFitnessPal.  I decided new iPhone new weight loss program, I'm hoping that maybe a new program will help get me motivated again.  So far it seems to be working...  What I like best about MyFitnessPal is that I have friends that use it, it's sort of like Facebook Weight Loss Edition.  Because I've allowed my friends to see what I eat and when I work out I'm more motivated to actually do it.  If you're using it feel free to friend me: LFdimples.  It also syncs with my Fitbit, I just enter food and exercise into the MyFitnessPal website or iPhone app and it adds in my steps and does all the calculations for me!
1. 10,000 steps for at least 20 days.  I had a lot going on and didn't get a chance to walk, 2949, 3 days total.
2. Exercise at least 20 times.  I had a Thirty-One meeting after work which zapped my evening, after a long day the last thing I wanted was a workout, 1 day total.
3. Eat out less then 20 times.  0 meals out, 4 meals total.
4. Put laundry away as soon as I fold it.  I washed, folded & PUT AWAY two loads!
5. Book at least 4 Thirty-One parties for April.  Nothing booked yet.

Tuesday
1. 10,000 steps for at least 20 days.  11067, 4 days total.
2. Exercise at least 20 times.  I went to spin at the gym, 2 days total.
3. Eat out less then 20 times.  1 meal out, 5 meals total.
4. Put laundry away as soon as I fold it.  I washed, folded & PUT AWAY two loads, again!
5. Book at least 4 Thirty-One parties for April.  Nothing booked yet.


After spin class I went out to Target with Thea, there were a few things I'd been coveting online and when she said she was heading over there I couldn't hold myself back any longer.  Luckily most of it wasn't as cute in person so I didn't buy much.  Since I was out by the mall I stopped in to see Joe at work (and get some steps).  Unfortunately he was busy so we didn't get a chance to talk or anything.  By the time I headed home it was almost 8pm and I hadn't eaten.  I was in no  mood to cook so I stopped and picked up a wrap, when I got home I saw that it was made wrong and had warm lettuce on it, I HATE warm lettuce, such a waste of a meal out!

Wednesday
I'd had a container of cubed butternut squash and a spaghetti squash in my fridge for over week that I knew I needed to cook.  I had planned on cooking on Tuesday but time got away from me so after a 5 mile run with Kat it was time to hit the kitchen.  I pulled up a recipe up on Pinterest for Hungry Girl's Cheesy Butternut Bake and got to work.  While the casserole was cooking I got started on the spaghetti squash.  This was my first time working with spaghetti squash so I used this tutorial on how to cook one.  Once the spaghetti squash was all packed up in a bowl to be used later in the week I finished making my dinner.  Joe was working late so I just stuck 2 garlic mozzarella chicken sausages in the toaster oven and let them cook while the casserole finished up.  Seriously, I'm a pretty decent cook when I actually apply myself!
1. 10,000 steps for at least 20 days.  A five mile run makes short work of 10,000 steps, 13434, 5 days total.
2. Exercise at least 20 times.  5 mile run, nuff said, 3 days total.
3. Eat out less then 20 times.  I cooked!  0 meals out, 5 meals total.
4. Put laundry away as soon as I fold it.  Didn't do any laundry
5. Book at least 4 Thirty-One parties for April.  Nothing booked yet.

Thursday
I had some of the spaghetti squash for lunch and I'm a fan!  I prepared it a way I've seen online a million times, just like spaghetti.  I scooped out a cup of squash topped it with marinara sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese then stuck it in the microwave for 2 minutes at lunch time.  So good and less then 200 calories!  I will be adding spaghetti squash as a must have on grocery list from now on! 
I had plans to go to Lorie's house for dinner that night so I was planning to come home and tackle workout A of bootcamp quickly before I went over there.  Well the gorgeous weather changed our plans, Lorie came over to my house instead and she, Nicole, the kids and I went for a 2.5 mile walk around the neighborhood.  I was absolutely starving by the time we got home so I pulled out some chicken breasts that needed to be cooked and another Pinterest recipe I'd been wanting to try for Easy Garlic Chicken.  It turned out pretty good, I probably should have made the glaze in the morning and soaked them all day, oh well, next time.
After dinner I headed upstairs to knock out my workout.  It felt so good to lift a little again.  I really need to start doing more then just cardio, I can really feel how weak I've gotten.
1. 10,000 steps for at least 20 days.  10052, 6 days total.
2. Exercise at least 20 times.  45min walk & bootcamp, 4 days total.
3. Eat out less then 20 times.  I cooked again!  0 meals out, 5 meals total.
4. Put laundry away as soon as I fold it.  Didn't do any laundry
5. Book at least 4 Thirty-One parties for April.  Nothing booked yet.


 Friday
I lost 2 pounds!!  Apparently counting my calories and holding myself accountable to the total still works, who'd a guessed it?  All week I've been shooting for about 1200 calories a day and I've managed to burn upwards of 500 calories 4 out of 5 days!


I had big plans for working out on Friday, the first plan was an 8 mile run with Joe.  But once I saw the weather report (high of 53 and windy with 30mph gusts) I decided to put that off until Sunday when it'll be nicer (high of 60 and clear).  Then I was planning to do my bootcamp workout but the night got away from us so I had to push that to Saturday which means no real exercise on Friday...  I didn't make sure to get my steps though!  Joe and I walked over to Wendy's for dinner and I still needed 6000 steps so we wandered the plaza across the street for a while.  I wish I had taken a picture of my awesome outfit, I was rocking Ugg boots, leggings, an Under Armor sweatshirt and my long puffy winter coat, Joe said I was a little over dressed but at least I was warm!  



Even after all of our walking I needed another 2000 steps so we went next door to visit.  Lou & Nicole were working on a spreadsheet for Lou's new business so we entertained Jack for them.  He chased me around their living room playing "hide & seek" for a while which helped push me over my step goal!
1. 10,000 steps for at least 20 days.  10092, 7 days total.
2. Exercise at least 20 times.  no go, 4 days total.
3. Eat out less then 20 times.  Wendys...1 meal out, 6 meals total.
4. Put laundry away as soon as I fold it.  Didn't do any laundry
5. Book at least 4 Thirty-One parties for April.  Nothing booked yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment