4/16/2013

The Name Game

I don't have a lot of time today & very few pictures to share so a quick goal recap and a fun post...

Monday
the 1/2 bottle of wine I drank at dinner
  1. dinner at the Library III's new location...1 meal out, 11 meals total for the month.
  2. banana for breakfast, pear & apple for lunch, none for dinner (unless you count all the grapes in my wine).  3 servings of fruit/veggies, 42 servings total for the month.
  3. 64oz+ of water, 8 days total for the month.
  4. 128 calories over my goal, 8 days total for the month.
  5. 0 minutes, 198 minutes total for the month.
  6. 4,819 steps, 126,304 total for the month.

**************************
I saw this posted on a few blogs in my reader a while back so I saved it to try sometime. 

1. How did your parents decide on your name?  My dad wanted to name me Melodie & Melanie but my mom said I could never be CEO of a corporation with a name like that so they went with Lauren & my family called me Laurie until I went away to college.

2. Do your initials (first/middle/last) spell anything funny?  My maiden initials were LAF which is literally funny, get it, laugh, hahahaha.  Now that I'm an old married lady I'm LFC which is not nearly as fun.

3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you drop your middle name & take your maiden name as your middle name?  In case it's not obvious above, I dropped my middle name and moved my maiden name to my middle after the wedding.  My mom did that and I just always thought that was what you were supposed to do.

4. Are you or will you name your children systematically?  I don't have any plans to though it could happen by accident.  I tend to like names that start with vowels (Ethan, Audrey, Olivia).

5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl?  I've gone through all kinds of names over the years.  The earliest I can remember is Madison then there was Hannah and now I like Audrey & Conner.

6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?  My family does not but Joe is a 3rd.  As of now he's not pressing for a 4th but only time will tell.

7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?  I've never been big on the meaning of names.  Probably because my name doesn't mean anything exciting, "the bay, or laurel plant."

8. Do you name pets with human names or pet names? I tend to like human names for pets, hence Ian.  I've always wanted a dog named Carl or Bob.


9. Are their any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?  There aren't any names I totally hate.  But I do tend to dislike "odd ball" names.  I just don't understand why people find it necessary to spell names differently, it just makes the kids life more difficult.


10. What are some of your favorite names & why?  I feel like I answered this above with Ethan & Audrey.  I just like the way they sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment