I knew that it was in my best interest to stay out of his way so I cleaned the cobwebs off my bike and went for a ride. I knocked out 6.34 miles in just over 35 minutes and I felt great.
I was starving when I got home and had been craving a sandwich since lunch when my coworkers were eating them from the cafeteria. Since Joe was showing no signs of slowing down out back I decided to fend for myself. I made a Dole Caesar Salad Kit (1/2 for me & 1/2 for Joe whenever he decided to come inside) and a ham & cheese sandwich in an Arnold's Pocket Thin. It was the first time I'd tried the Pocket Thins and I LOVE them!
I had a bit of a realization last night/this morning. I've been eating more calories than usual, around 1500-1600 when I normally try to stay between 1200-1300 and I'm still losing weight (154 this morning). I wasn't sure why but then it occurred to me, I'm not eating out. I know exactly what I'm consuming instead of guesstimating based on similar items in MyFitnessPal. I'd bet money that when I eat out I'm low balling my caloric intake and doing myself a disservice. It totally makes sense, when I lost all my weight in 2010/2011 I tried not to go out to eat anywhere that didn't post their nutrition information. That's the difference this time! I guess I'll have to start playing by that rule again.
- 0 meals out, 4 meals total for the month.
- none for breakfast, apple & pear for lunch, salad for dinner. 3 servings of fruit/veggies, 27 servings total for the month.
- 64oz of water, 6 days total for the month.
- 169 calories under my goal, 5 days total for the month.
- 36 minutes, 120 minutes total for the month.
- 14,610 steps, 87,185 total for the month.