4/01/2013

can i lose weight and party like a rock star?

Happy Monday!  How was your Easter weekend?  Mine was pretty good.  On Friday night my book club had it's first meeting!  Seven of my favorite ladies came over to my house and we enjoyed pizza, wine & great conversation.  We even managed to talk about the book (Let's Pretend This Never Happened) a few times!  This month's selection is Touch & Go by Lisa Gardner.  It's about a family that gets abducted and the detective's search for them.

On Saturday Jack & I went to an Easter egg hunt with Lorie & Alayna at a local park.  I think next year I may host a hunt at our house though.  Even though this event was well organized there was a ton of kids and it was hectic.  I'm thinking we could put together a pot luck brunch with just our closest friends and their children.  This way the parents can relax knowing their kids won't get lost and we could assign each kid an egg color so they won't fight!  Plus we'd have a new holiday tradition!
 
That night Joe & I walked across the street for dinner at Presto, which was delicious as always.  After dinner we stopped at ShopRite to grab ingredients for dessert on Sunday night then at Starbucks for a coffee treat.  It was so nice to be able to walk around outside without freezing!  We spent the rest of the evening watching Homeland On Demand and dying eggs.
We didn't have any plans for Easter Sunday except for dinner at Joe's parent's house so we had a very relaxing morning.  The Easter bunny dropped off a basket for Joe (ahem) overnight so we had some candy & mimosas with breakfast.  The rest of the morning was spent lounging on the couch watching more Homeland.  We're half way through season 2 now and I'm seriously obsessed with that show!  I may have had too many mimosas because I started taking pictures of the rubber chick that was in Joe's basket with Sgt Brody...
I'm happy to say that I did much better on my March goals then January & February!
  1. I came in with a total of 21 meals out.  Yes, over my goal but sooo close.
  2. I never got my act together in regards to drinking water, 9 out of 25 days.  For some reason I just couldn't remember to drink all 8 glasses, especially on the weekends.  
  3. Meeting my calorie goal was equally disastrous with only 16 of 25 days.  It's no wonder I didn't lose any weight.
  4. I got my fitness minutes!  In fact I went above & beyond with 766 minutes, my goal was only 600!
  5. I was super close to my step goal with 254,028 of my 260,000 goal.  Not bad!

I cut my hair off again, feeling more like my old self every day!
April is my favorite month, mostly because my birthday is the 17th!  It's also my sister's birthday, my brother-in-law's birthday and a bunch of our friends too (John, Kristen & Mark) which means we spend a lot of time with the people we love in April.  It also means it's harder to eat right & exercise with all the celebrations taking up our weekends.  For instance this coming weekend I have Thirty-One parties on Friday & Sunday plus we're going to Beerfest on Saturday for Shana's birthday.  

It'll be tough to stay on target but I'm hoping that March is just the jumping off point for getting my weight under control.  I didn't lose the 5 pounds I planned on, mostly I just yoyo'd up and down 1 measly pound...But if I continue to work out like I did at the end of March, start drinking that water and stop cheating with my calories I should be back on the road to the 130s!
My goals for April was basically the same as March with a couple of tweaks...
  1. No more than 20 meals out.  With Joe the money saving nazi around this should be doable.
  2. 3 servings of veggies each day (or 90 servings for the month).  I eat WAY too many carbs and very little veggies.
  3. At least 64oz of water 25 days.
  4. At least 25 days under my calorie goal.
  5. 800 fitness minutes.  A big leap from last month's 600 minutes but I blew it out of the water last month.
  6. 26 days of 10,000 steps (or 260,000 steps for the month).
Do you have any goals for April?

No comments:

Post a Comment