4/05/2013

could this be progress?!?

*Thursday*
I was planning to do a C25K workout at home last night and then go to 6am spin this morning.  But yesterday afternoon I got a migraine and it totally threw off my plans for the rest of the day.  Now you're probably thinking, "Lauren, you always get migraines, what's the big deal?"  The thing is my migraines have significantly decreased since I went off birth control a few months ago.  I used to go through a box of Imitrex a month and lately I've only needed a pill or two.  So this one "little headache" literally knocked me on my ass.

I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening laying on the couch with an ice pack on my face.  Needless to say I didn't make a lot of progress on my goals:
    1. shake for breakfast, yogurt & fruit for lunch and an egg sandwich for dinner.  0 meals out, 3 meals total for the month.
    2. I had bananas & spinach at breakfast, an apple at lunch but none for dinner.  3 servings of fruit/veggies, 15 servings total for the month.
    3. 56oz during the day made it easy to finish.  64oz of water, 4 days total for the month.
    4. 42 calories over my goal thanks to Cadbury Mini Eggs and a couple of Girl Scout cookies :/ , 2 days total for the month.
    5. 0 minutes, 84 minutes total for the month.
    6. 3,971 steps, 36,999 total for the month.
*Friday*
BIG NEWS!  I lost 3 pounds!  I hopped on the scale this morning prepared to see no change and was shocked when 155 popped on the screen!  Could it be that my weeks of work are finally starting to pay off?  It's such a great feeling, I'm actually motivated to stay on target this weekend!  It won't be easy though.  I have a Thirty-One party tonight and there are always delicious treats at them it doesn't help that I skipped spin this morning because my head was still a mess & I hadn't packed.  Tomorrow we're going to the Atlantic City Beerfest and BBQing for Shana's birthday.  Then Sunday I have another Thirty-One party and we're going to Joe's parent's house for cake to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday.  I'll have to make good choices whenever food is around be sure to hit the treadmill both mornings...wish me luck!


*photo a day* April 4th ~ this happened today.  I cleaned my rings!  I have an Ultrasonic Cleaner that does such a great job, I just pour in a little Touch of Purple and in no time all my lovelies are just like new.  I always love them but I love them so much more when they're super sparkly!

No comments:

Post a Comment