11/07/2012

HHC ~ W1D2

I did not do very well on Tuesday.  I had big plans, I was going to eat healthy all day, take a kickboxing class at the gym and tackle Angela's mini circuit for the challenge.  But that didn't totally happen...

Let's start at the beginning.  I've decided to try something new for breakfast, I mixed a chocolate AdvantEdge shake with ice, a banana & a tbsp peanut butter.  I like that it gives me a lot of nutrients and I can make it on my way out the door without the mess of trying to eat a sandwich in the car.  For lunch I had mini pretzels, key lime greek yogurt and a mini apple.  This is my go to lunch, my office mate actually asked me if after the wedding I'll go back to eating like a normal person.  I didn't have the heart to tell her I always eat like this.
After lunch is when things fell apart.  I attended a retirement celebration for the VP of my department and had a couple of snacks, nothing out of control, about 225 calories.  This would not normally be an issue except that I then skipped the gym.  The retirement party wrapped up around 3:30 which left an hour and a half until my class at the gym would start.  I just couldn't rationalize wasting all that time, so what did I do, I went to vote.
Then I stopped and picked up a salad at Boston Market for dinner. 
Again, these are not bad choices but coupled with the fact that the only exercise I got was Angela's mini circuit (which took all of 10 minutes) I was over my calorie allotment for the day.  I knew I needed to make an attempt to get those calories back so I went for a walk to ShopRite.  That got me another 2000+ steps but still didn't make up the deficit.

To recap the challenge goals:
  • Water: completed
  • Healthy Eats: I made good food choices but ate more then I should.  I'm not giving myself a check mark in that column unless I feel confident in my choices AND meet calorie goal on myfitnesspal.
  • Exercise: I didn't do any dedicated exercise except Angela's mini circuit.  I've decided that to get credit in this column I either need to go to the gym/strap on my sneakers for a video or something at home or get my 10,000 steps.
  • Weekly Focus - Food Log: completed
  • Daily Challenge - Mini Circuit: completed
My plan was to attepmt to do the daily challenges each day following.  For example, Tuesday I would "be perfect" and do the mini circuit.  Wednesday, I would "be perfect," do the mini circuit and eat 5 servings of veggies.  Obviously this didn't pan out for day 2 but I think I'm going to keep trying.  In case you hadn't picked it up above, Wednesday's daily challenge is to eat 5 servings of veggies.

1 comment:

  1. I still think that is a pretty good day!!! Your choices were great! I understand your rational about the workout thing though. Sweat it out today!!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete