4/17/2012

We have a photographer!

Things seem to be falling into place so easily, who ever said wedding planning was hard didn't know what they were talking about!  Or, there's more to come that is going to knock me on my ass!  

Once we found a venue we got started on photographers.  I have recently classified myself as a "wedding enthusiast," I prefer it to crazy woman that's been wedding obsessed for years.  Because of said obsession I've been collecting wedding photographers in my google reader for years.  Every time I would see a friend with beautiful wedding pictures I would add their photographer to my group. 
Now that it was time for Joe & I to plan our wedding I had 10-15 photographers ready to contact.  I reached out to each of them to first find out if they had our date available, if they were free I asked for their base package pricing and then added all of this information to my wedding google document.
From there I narrowed down who was within our budget and started making appointments to meet with them.  A few suggested meetings via Skype because they are more then an hour from our home.  We met with one photographer this way and it went well.  In the end we met with 3 photographers before making a decision and cancelled appointments with 3 others that we knew would be more expensive.

We've decided to go with...Photography by Kim Angelo!
Now in honor of full disclosure I almost wrote off Kim and her husband before meeting with them.  I was not super impressed with her website, it seemed a little hard to navigate and some of the images didn't show up on my computer.  But her emails (and Facebook page) won me over, she was super friendly from first contact, very anxious to set up a meeting and understanding of our crazy schedules.  Plus she is running Broad St for the first time this year!

We met with Kim & her husband and they felt like old friends.  They answered all of our questions honestly and even pulled out their cameras when Joe asked what they shoot with.

We are booking their "Marry Me" package with a few additions.  For $2500 we are getting: Up to 10 hours of coverage, 2 Photographers, A Password Protected Online Gallery for One Month, A High Resolution Disk of all Wedding Images and An Engagement Shoot.  We were interested in an album but the $900 price tag scared us off, I'm confident in our design abilities so I think Joe and I will be able to create our own album without too much trouble.

The best part, they shot a NYE wedding last year so they know what they're in for!  That lucky bride got beautiful/warm weather and was able to do some photos outside!  Here are some shots from that wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment