11/30/2010

11/29 - Day 8

My Monday morning wasn't too exciting.  Got up, showered, packed a gym bag, got ready for work...  I'm really struggling with getting 5 servings of fruits/veggies every day.  We had 2 bananas left and I was pretty sure they weren't going to make it another day so I whipped up protein shakes = 347 calories.
I love my kitchen aid blender it only has a few settings but it never gives me any problems.

This is what I saw when I entered my cube on Monday morning.  My poor plant, flat...I have larger peace lily at home so I knew that they flop without water but I was still concerned because the office gets really cold when no one is here & 4 days might have been too much for it.  I dumped 1/2 a bottle of water on it & put it by the window in hopes of resuscitation.
So nervous to tell Joe I killed the plant he gave me...

I had a cup of wolfgang puck creme carmel coffee with 4 sugars because I couldn't find any artificial sweetener in the office = 65 calories. 

I went to a meeting at another location about our 403B plan before lunch so I wasn't able to snack or drink any water.  The meeting was very informative though; I'm going to need to up my contribution percentage & maybe use that T Rowe Price plan to diversify my portfolio (don't I sound fancy??  lol).

It was time for lunch pretty much as soon as we got back.  I'm sure you're thinking I had leftover chinese but I don't like to eat the same things over & over so I had my standard lunch = 282 calories.
Just like clockwork 3pm rolled around and I was hungry.  A lot of the clementines in my box had green spots on them so here is a shot of my clementine (=35 calories) & the article I found saying green spots are totally fine, they just mean the fruit isn't totally ripe yet.
I also had a snack I'm not totally proud of.  One of the ladies in my office made "sex in a bowl" and brought it in for us all to try, it was yummy!  I found a recipe online & used sparkrecipes to figure out the nutrition information.  I only had about a 1/2 cup = 224 calories.
After work I went to group power with Christina & Joanne.  The class went smoothly, I probably could have upped my weight on a few tracks but I was so sore the last few weeks I didn't want to make it any worse.  We managed to finish the class 5 minutes early but the crazy zumba people still came rushing in to take over the room, it's so rude.  I decided next week as soon as the first one of them comes in to the room I'm going to stop cleaning up my equipment and leave it for them since they're in such a rush to get the spot they want.

I was super hungry by the time I got home.  The owner of the restaurant across the street is talking about starting to sell premade uncooked pizza and wanted me to try some out for him.  I let him know I was home and he brought over 2 pizzas, one with flour, one without.  The instructions were to bake them at 325 degrees for 15 minutes then remove them from the tray for another 2 minutes to crisp the crust.  Mike warned me that he used cold water so the dough hadn't risen the way he liked and these may be duds.  I started the first pizza (with flour) and after 15 minutes it looked the same as before I put it in the oven.  I tried to remove it from the tray but it was stuck, I left it for another 5 minutes (no real change except melted cheese) then took it out and put the other (no flour) in for 15 minutes.  Meanwhile I had 3 carmel kisses = 63 calories.  I finally got the first pizza loose from the tray but the dough wasn't really cooked at all.  When I checked on the 2nd one it was cooking better then the first but it was really stuck to the tray.  At this point it had been about an hour since the whole experiment started.  I put both pizzas back in the oven & had some leftover chinese = 320 calories @ 8:45pm.
Here is the final picture of the pizzas.  I pulled them out around 9pm after about 45 minutes in the oven each.  They don't look too bad in the picture.  The one on the left is with flour, you can see how the crust is still white but it was worse on the underside, it was still soft and tore when I tried to take remove a "slice."  The one on the right, without flour, browned up a little more around the edges of the crust but I couldn't get it off the tray so I'm not sure what the underside looked like.  Plus the cheese turned a kind of orange color, weird.
I feel bad because I really wanted to like these but I never even got to try a slice, I guess Mike was right when he said the cold water could ruin them...

Daily wrap up:
1. completed 60 fitness minutes
2. 5 servings of fruits/veggies!
3. 64 ounces of water...check...even if I got it all from noon-4:30
4. Tracking - 2380 calories burned - 1336 calories eaten = total 1044 calories burned
5. I didn't do anything overly relaxing, in fact the pizza debacle was pretty stressful.
6. No weigh in until Friday

1 comment:

  1. I bought bananas at Shop Rite so I can try a chocolate banana PB2 shake sometime in the next few days!! And that pudding stuff looks delightful. I would have had some too. And still had a 1000+ burn! Awesome!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete