11/19/2010

40-day Challenge

I'm really going to do this...write a blog...I've thought about starting one a lot over the years but never actually wrote anything because I'm concerned all I'll do is whine & trash talk. But now I have a good reason to document my days!

I'm doing a 40 day fitness/health challenge with my friend Angela! The basics are that there are 40 days left in 2010 so we're going to make the most of them!

1. I will be trying to log 1200 fitness minutes which loosely translates to 30 minutes a day for 40 days. This one shouldn't be a problem, I'm already getting about 240 minutes a week.

2. I will be trying to eat 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day for 30 of the 40 days. This one may prove a little more difficult, I don't usually eat fruits/veggies at breakfast.

3. I will be trying to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I can definitely do this during the week but the weekends are more of a challenge.

4. I will be trying to track everything that I eat. No problem, I already do that. I'm thinking of doing food blogs though so that I may be guilted into making better choices because I will be posting pictures to the Internet.

5. I will be trying to do 6 relaxing activities that are just for me. This one may be a little more difficult. I tend to schedule myself extremely thin. I function really well this way but it doesn't leave a lot of time for relaxing down time.

6. I will be trying to accomplish 1 personal goal. I'm thinking this will be losing 4 lbs by the end of the year. That will make my grand total 30 lbs! Normally I would shoot for more but with the holidays I think 4 is more attainable.

That's it! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment