8/17/2012

What I'm Eating Wednesday

I swear I've been planning on posting all week!  I had this all set for Wednesday but then I got busy.  I'm hoping to get a bunch of posts up this weekend so we can get caught up, there's been a lot going on around here!  Such as, I've been working out at the gym with a trainer for two weeks now!  Mind you I haven't lost a pound, but Joe swears I look leaner...  
I also started 1/2 marathon training this week.  So far I've only done two 3 mile runs and the first was technically a walk/run but I'm working on it.  Yesterday I met Shana & Mandy in Brigantine to run around Mandy's neighborhood.  I almost took one walk break but Shana talked me out of it!  Joe and I are planning to run 3 miles again tonight when it's a little cooler and then 4 miles on Sunday before our 5th annual tubing trip.

I'm excited about the tubing trip for a couple of reasons.  The first being, it's always a good time.  I mean how can floating down the river with a bunch of friends while enjoying a cocktail be a bad thing?  Second, I want to try out my new LifeProof iPhone case.  Our underwater camera broke back in February and we have a new one on our wedding registry but since my shower probably won't be until October that doesn't help with taking pictures in and around water this summer.  I've already water tested the case and installed it on my phone, everything seems to be in working order.  I know Joe's going to give me a hard time when I try to bring it in the tube but I'm hoping after a few beers he'll forget about it.

Ok, now I'll get back to the main part of this post, food.  I haven't been taking pictures of everything I eat, just the sort of interesting stuff.  Plus I downloaded the LabelBox and Phonto apps onto my phone so I've been having fun labeling everything!

We'll begin with my new favorite summer meal.  Watermelon & Feta Salad.  It's SO good and crazy easy to make!  I literally had it for dinner 3 times last week.  I used 2 cups of arugula, topped that with 2 cups of cubed watermelon and 1/4 cup of reduced fat Feta cheese.  For the dressing, I mixed 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp of lime juice.  Total calories for the whole giant plate of food = 209!



I've been making a real effort to use all of the fruits & veggies we get in our farm basket each delivery.  I really enjoyed the Low Fat Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread but didn't love trying to figure out how big of a slice constituted a serving so I decided to make muffins!  For about a week straight I ate a muffin topped with a tbsp of peanut butter with a banana = 361 calories.  Unfortunately, the muffins dried out quicker then the bread and I ended up having to throw out 5.

To the left is just a heart shaped chicken nugget I grabbed out of Jack's lunch at Wendy's last Saturday.

And to the right a sandwich I had for lunch on Wednesday from the cafeteria at the hospital.  Only 430 calories.


 And since I didn't post this on Wednesday like I planned to you get to see pictures from our dinner out at Lamberti's last night with Lorie & Rob.  We went out to celebrate Lorie taking her boards that morning.  Fingers crossed she passes and never has to study for another test ever again!
The waiter won us over with his description of their special, whole wheat linguini topped with clams, mussels, calamari, shrimp, scallops and a pound of lobster.  Joe and I went with the white sauce while Lorie and Rob went Fra Diavlo.  It was tasty and plenty of food for two especially since we added a small marghertia pizza as an appetizer.
Last but not least, my breakfast from this morning.  A scrambled egg, laughing cow wedge and 2 slices of deli ham on an english muffin.
Wish me luck this weekend.  I always have such a hard time eating right and keeping my calories under control Friday night - Monday morning.  I'm hoping the runs will help burn enough calories and I'll keep my willpower strong...

No comments:

Post a Comment