7/12/2013

13 weeks

According to my What to Expect App I'm finished the 1st trimester!

How far along? 13 weeks
Baby’s Size: Peach
Maternity clothes?  Kind of...The shorts I'm wearing in that picture are maternity but that's only because I don't have any non-maternity shorts that fit.  I don't really feel like I'm showing at all but my pants beg to differ!  It doesn't help that I was pushing the limits on my shorts before I got pregnant...

Best moment this week:  At my appointment yesterday we found out that I'm in excellent health!  I mean I take decent care of myself but all of my blood work came out perfect!  I don't have any markers for anything!
Miss anything?  I miss staying up late.  I'm pretty much ready for bed by 9pm every night and if I stay up any later I start to get a headache...though this is an improvement over the last 2 weeks when I was in bed by 8pm.
Movement:  Nope.  And I found out yesterday that I have an anterior placenta so it may be longer than usual before I do feel anything...not thrilled.
Food cravings:  Nothing in particular.  It's more like if someone talks about something I need to eat it.  Like I was getting my hair cut and someone was talking about burritos so I obviously then needed a burrito for dinner.  Luckily Chido Burrito is right across the street!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  If I wait too long to eat I get nauseous or if I think too hard about the consistency of something I start to dry heave but it's not that bad.

Gender:  Our anatomy scan is scheduled for 8/28 and we're planning on having a gender reveal party that Saturday to share the news with our friends & family.
Labor signs: Nope.
Symptoms:  Occasional round ligament pains when I go from standing to sitting.  Super tired at night.  Lots of gagging with the occasional dry heave, lol.  I'm starting to feel a little thicker/heavier around the middle even though my weight hasn't changed and I swear there's nothing to see.
Belly button in or out?  Way in.  I'm curious about what happens to my belly fat as I get bigger does it just sit on top?  I'd like for it to somehow magically melt away, any chance of that?

Happy or moody most of the time:  I think I'm pretty happy though I do get agitated/impatient a little quicker than usual.  Like last night Joe & I were looking for a ceiling fan for the baby's room and he couldn't make up his mind, I seriously could have left him there.  But as soon as we got home he got to installing the fan and now we've got the 1st item check off the to do list for the nursery!
Looking forward to:  Showing!



On a related note, I wanted to share our ultrasound pictures.  The first is from 6 weeks 5 days and the second is from 11 weeks 5 days.  Isn't it crazy how much things change in just a few weeks?
I also learned at the 11 week ultrasound that I have a fibroid on the right side.  It's about 3.5 cm now but none of the doctors seem very concerned about it and I get extra ultrasounds from 20 weeks on so they can keep an eye on it.  Apparently they're pretty common, most of the time they stop growing and move out of the way before they get to be a problem.  However, they can compete with the baby for blood & nutrients if they get too big and cause a problem with delivery if they're too low.  

At my appointment yesterday they had a hard time finding a heart beat on Doppler and we were all getting a little nervous.  Turns out the baby is up much higher than usual probably because of the fibroid, it was also harder to find because of the anterior placenta everything is fine but I was hoping this whole process would be a little less stressful.  Guess that was wishful thinking, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment