10/11/2013

26 Weeks


 How far along? 26 weeks 
Baby’s Size:  head of lettuce
Maternity clothes?  Zipping up some of my favorite sweatshirts has become quite comical.  Some point soon I'm going to have to give them up or only wear them open.  It's crazy how much bigger I look with just one more layer of material over the bump!

Best moment this week:  I got to see a lot of people I normally don't this week and they're all so excited for us!  I spend most nights at home alone and it all gets kind of routine so it was nice to be reminded that this is a really exciting time in our lives!
Miss anything?  I miss trying drinks.  For example, we're out with people somewhere and they say, "oh, have you had x yet?  It's so good!"  No, I'm not drinking alcoholic beverages, I have not had the yummy new beer...
Movement:  He's actually woken me up before 6am twice this week kicking away.  He's also taken to tap dancing on my bladder recently.  I go from zero to running for the bathroom in 2 seconds.  (like I need to pee more often, I counted the other day, I went 4 times in 2 hours)
Food cravings:  Must eat all the cereal!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.
Gender: It's a boy!
Labor signs:  Nope.
Symptoms:  It took me a few minutes to come up with symptoms for my picture this week.  I've really felt good.  It seems like any real issues I have are on the weekends.  My back was achy to the point that all I wanted to do is lay on the couch.  Also, I couldn't get my rings off after walking around Oktoberfest because my hands were so swollen but after a few hours they were back to normal.  Nothing really terrible or debilitating though.

Belly button in or out?  Still in...though when I lay down it is almost flat around the edges.
Happy or moody most of the time:  I think I was pretty happy all week.  I can sort of feel myself getting agitated so I try to talk myself back down before lashing out.  However, Glee definitely had me crying last night and over stuff that wouldn't normally get me...like the mom crying on Finn's floor...done.
Looking forward to:  Getting the results of my glucose test.  I went for the 1 hour test yesterday morning and won't know anything until next week at the earliest.  Apparently, if it's bad they'll call but if not I have to wait to get the results at my appointment on the 23rd.  No news is good news until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment