7/18/2011

Meet Alayna Grace!

One of my bestest pals had a baby on Friday!  My friend Lorie & her husband Rob welcomed Alayna Grace to the world!  Congratulations!!
1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I didn't really have any plans for Friday night, there were a few different kinds of leftovers in the fridge so I just assumed we'd knock them out.  When Joe got home he mentioned that Mark & Kat had invited us over and suggested we grab some dinner on the way.  We decided on Juliano's because it's one of maybe 3 restaurants between our places and also because Lorie & I used to frequent their happy hour.  I thought it was a fun way to honor her big day!  10 total meals out.
We shared an eggplant rollatini appetizer & I ordered a turkey club. 
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: fruit smoothie = 208 calories (used this recipe, way better then Thursday's)
     Lunch: cucumber salad, cantaloupe, ice cream cake (for Brittany's birthday) = 378 calories
     Dinner: eggplant rollatini & turkey club = 654 calories
     Snacks: apple & glass of wine = 193 calories
     Totals: 2131 burned - 1433 eaten = -698 total burned, 9 days total.
3. Complete 1250 fitness minutes:  Joe & I went for a 2 mile run before work.  The weather was absolutely beautiful and it was a very pleasant way to begin my day except that my calves were screaming from Wednesday's step class.  I had every intention of also going to group power after work but Christina & Joanne bailed on me, some excuse about out of town guests ;-).  It's probably best I didn't go anyway, I had a 5K scheduled for Sunday and I'm betting my muscles would have been crazy sore.  356 minutes total.  
 4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I'm pretty bummed that I didn't get my steps, we went over to Mark & Kat's and I tried to be up and moving as much as possible but it tends to make people uncomfortable when I pace around them.  I totally forgot to check my fitbit until we were on our way home (after midnight) and at that point it was too late to try and make it up.  8596 steps.  11 days total.  
Sean & Amy's pit bull Diesel was protecting me while their chocolate lab Sadie wrestled with Mark & Kat's chocolate lab Charlee.
Ian was none too pleased when I came home smelling like dog! 
5. At least 20 days with 30 minutes of house work:  Since I skipped the gym I decided to clean up the house for a little while I waited for Joe to get home from work.  10 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment