3/14/2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Joe was also off from work on Sunday and so we were going to have time to spend together!  We don't have time off together very often so we're always excited when schedules line up, which will hopefully be happening more often now!  There was a lot on our schedule so I wanted to dress cute but also comfortably.  I went with purple Classic Tall Ugg boots, jean leggings from Express, a grey long sleeve t-shirt from The Gap, topped with a cream fleece vest from Old Navy and a tiny heart shaped necklace from my most recent Premier party.
We had vague plans to get breakfast with Lou, Nicole & Jack and/or Angela & Rob.  But with the time change things got a little behind and we ended up just going by ourselves around 10:30.  I really thought about getting something different but ended up back at my same old ham & swiss omelet with tomato instead of home fries and rye toast = 505 calories.  I was pretty hungry but filled up fast, even Joe was surprised with how much food was left on my plate.
We were determined to figure out a plan for my 30th birthday that day, especially because we need to send out invitations soon.  We had been trying to decide between an activity or a night out at a bar but neither option was really sitting right.  All of a sudden it hit us, brunch!  We love brunch!  We could have my party at a country club with a champagne brunch then invite everyone back to the house for cake, etc.  Joe is going to check with a few of our favorite places for pricing so that we can get the invitations out by next weekend.  I'm so excited, everyone can dress up, it'll be so adult!  Now that we had our biggest hurdle crossed we moved on to the yard.  Joe wants to make sure it looks nice if people are going to being hanging out back there in just over a month, we went to Home Depot to pick up a few things.  We got a peach tree and lots of soil.  Anyone know how long it takes a tree like this to actually product fruit?
Then Joe let me pick out all the different kinds of flowers we're going to plant.  We may have gone a little overboard but I'm excited about all the colors!
Joe had made plans weeks ago to see Battle: LA with a few of his guy friends so I made plans to go shopping with their wives.  Unfortunately there were some issues with getting a babysitter so shopping wasn't going to work.  No worries though, I enlisted Nicole & Jack then off to the park we went.  Tammy wasn't sure she was going to make the 2 mile round trip walk but she was a trooper and managed to get there and home again just fine.  The boys had a great time playing together!
We learned just how obsessed Luke is with basketball.  He was so excited to see these boys playing "b-ball" he barely took his eyes off of them the whole time we were there.
I also made sure to get pictures with my favorite ladies.
When the guys called to say they were leaving the theater we decided to head for home too.  We promised Tammy a treat from Rita's if she could make it home on foot and I think it really was her biggest motivation.  I ordered a sugar-free Mango Peach ice with vanilla custard = 290 calories.
Joe was pretty hungry for dinner and Lou & Nicole were thinking about going to the Library for $15.95 prime rib so it didn't take much to convince us to join them.  The only problem was that Jack hadn't had a nap and was pretty tired after his fun afternoon at the park.  He was starting to melt down on the way to the restaurant.  Luckily, Nicole got him to sleep and he spent most of dinner knocked out in his stroller in the corner behind our table.
Our meal was delicious.  I just wish prime rib wasn't so much work.  For a 12 oz piece of meat I'd be surprised if I ate more then 6 oz after cutting off the bone & fat.

I couldn't possibly pass up my favorite dessert in the world (even though I'd just had ice cream 3 hours earlier).
I totaled the whole meal at 1246 calories.  Wow!  That's more then I eat in an entire day sometimes!  It shouldn't be too surprising that after that huge meal Joe and I were ready for bed when we got home.  We went straight upstairs where he fell asleep and I spent a couple of hours blogging and readying myself for the week ahead.  If I could have picked a perfect weekend it would have been pretty close to this one.  It really was the best welcome back to "me time" I could have had.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  no reading done...
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2290 burned - 2041 eaten = 249 burned, 9 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 40 minutes today, 620 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: tomato w/breakfast, no lunch & salad w/dinner, 10 days total
5. 15 spend free days - bought my own Rita's, 3 days total...

No comments:

Post a Comment